HEALTHY PEOPLE MAKE HEALTHY BABIES
ARE YOU READY TO CONCEIVE & FEEL EMPOWERED IN YOUR FERTILITY JOURNEY?
I AM HERE TO SUPPORT YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY.
I am very passionate about supporting couples and singles who wish to start a family or who are struggling with fertility issues.
I provide realistic health solutions to unexplained fertility problems.
Supporting your overall health and journey to a healthy baby.
Issues which may directly or indirectly affect your fertility:
- Weight management
- Lifestyle issues such as smoking, recreational drugs and alcohol intake
- Understanding timing for conception
- Fitness and cardiovascular health (blood pressure problems, metabolic syndrome etc.)
- Musculoskeletal pain or injuries
- Diabetes and blood sugar regulation
- High cholesterol
- Osteoporosis and osteopaenia
- Immune problems (glandular fever, chronic fatigue syndrome etc.)
- Inflammatory conditions
Specific fertility conditions I commonly treat include:
- Menstrual changes (including perimenopause and menopause)
- Period pain and PMS
- Irregular cycles
- Diagnosed fertility issues including PCOS, endometriosis / adenomiosis, fibroids, hormonal imbalances, fallopian tube problems, low sperm count and/or poor sperm quality e.g. motility or morphology issues
- Recurrent miscarriage (miscarriage prevention)
- Autoimmune conditions (Hashimoto’s and other thyroid conditions)
Preconception planning helps you to identify the health concerns and other issues that prevent you from being the best you can be.
The healthier you are, the healthier all your cells are – right down to the eggs and sperm that will form the building blocks of your baby’s very being.
Both female and male fertility problems can also be treated with natural medicine approaches and specific nutritional supplementation.
What’s the purpose of preconception care?
- Preconception care for both parents can ensure healthy sperm and eggs, and a nurturing environment to enable the best possible outcome for conception and pregnancy.
- Optimise your baby’s health and wellbeing, reducing risks for chronic illness
- Health of both parents before and during pregnancy is strongly associated with healthy development and general health in adulthood.
- Improve detoxifications pathways reducing toxic load that impact fertility
- Support gut health and optimise microbiome status of the mother and baby
- Improve lifestyle factors that will optimise fertility
- Improve nutritional status of parents/parent
- Address any underlying conditions that could be affecting your fertility or affect the health of the baby
- Learn about your fertile window, and recognise clear signs of fertility
Who does preconception care benefit?
- Normal healthy, single women, same sex or fertile couples who want to give their baby the best possible start to life.
- Couples or single women who have general infertility with or without known cause, including problems with sperm quality, anovulation, PCOS, etc.
- Women who have suffered one or more miscarriages.
- People with a previous history of malformation, prematurity, low birth weight, stillbirth or sudden infant death syndrome.
- Couples or single women seeking preconception advice for ovulation induction. IUI, IVF,ICSI, donor eggs or sperm or surrogacy. I.e: couples preparing for a healthy baby and also hoping to increase the chances of conception where the success rate is already low (25% at best for IVF).
- Older women and couples including women over 40 years, especially to help prevent Down’s Syndrome.
If you are already doing IVF, it may not feel like there is time to take a break, or you may feel like some time off is just what you need. I am able to work with you to tailor a plan that will work for you no matter where you are in your fertility journey. It is possible to continue trying to conceive or doing ART/ IVF while incorporating preconception principals as you go.
NATUROPATHIC PRECONCEPTION CARE
This is a 6-month package to support your health and fertility through your preconception phase. We will touch base once per month, helping with any symptoms that may arise, optimising health for mama, papa and baby.
6 x CONTINUED CARE CONSULTATION
FERTILITY NUTRITION EBOOK
SUPPLEMENT, DIET & LIFESTYLE RECOMMENDATIONS AS NEEDED
*Prescribed supplements & functional testing are priced during consultation and are not included in the package.
How does Naturopathic Fertility Care Work?
I am like your clinical detective, I will draw upon my training (Bachelor in Health Science) and pull together information from your previous health history, current health issues, pathology test results and other sources to get to the root cause of why you’re unwell (yay, science!). But I also have a slightly woo-woo side – drawing upon my experience amongst healers in Brazil. So rest assured that I have all things covered.
Depending on your individual presentation I may utilise some of the following diagnostic assessment tools:
Nutritional deficiency checks
Hormonal balance tests
Detailed dietary assessment
Blood tests to assess your cellular health and tissue performance
Genetic testing regarding metabolism of specific nutrients
Diagnosed conditions such as autoimmune or thyroid conditions
Signs and symptoms in any system you reveal in your consultation
A detailed personal and family health history
Environmental toxin load from work or home
The information gathered during the investigation helps me put together a plan to improve your health with diet, lifestyle, herbs and nutrition, decreasing those annoying and nagging symptoms that are stopping you from reaching your full potential. So that you can enjoy life again.
Your plan is delivered in a Treatment plan Consultation (which is delivered 1-2 weeks after you initial consultation). The plan will always include very detailed diet and lifestyle interventions (food as medicine), specific to you, which is also appropriately augmented with nutritional supplementation, herbal medicine and sometimes lifestyle modifications.
I may also recommend support from other practitioners or be in communication with other carers to ensure comprehensive care and optimum results. The aim is to ensure you have sufficient energy and nutritional status to live life the way you dream of.